The Cyprus Energy Office announces the position of Environmental Officer
Department: of Climate Change and Environment
Number of Seats: 1
Contract Status: Tenant/lessee
Duration: 1 year, renewable with improved terms depending on performance and availability of financing
Application Period: November 3, 2023 – December 3, 2023
Estimated Hiring Date: January 2024
Seat: Cyprus Energy Agency, 2-12 Lefkonos, 1011 Nicosia
Salary: Depending on qualifications (Position for people with no to partial experience)
- 13th salary
- Performance bonus of 30% of the monthly salary upon payment of the 12th salary
- Group personal health, life insurance and permanent total disability plan
- Innovative and flexible working hours
- 4 days work
- 21 days off
- Possibility of joining a Provident Fund when renewing the contract in one year
- "Encouraging Sustainable Mobility" Plan
- "Conscious Practice & Personal Development" Program
The Cyprus Energy Agency is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization established in 2009 with a vision of a fair, inclusive and climate-resilient Cyprus governed by the principles of sustainable development. To achieve this, the Cyprus Energy Agency has established a Road Map for the period 2020-2030, focused on 10 thematic goals in the areas: Addressing and Adapting to Climate Change, Energy Efficiency, Just Transition, Sustainable Transport, Energy Communities, Renewable Energy Sources, Circular Economy, Sustainable Tourism and Financing.
The main areas of action of the Cyprus Energy Agency to achieve its goals are:
- Supporting sustainable development projects by providing technical consulting services
- Participation in research projects in collaboration with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development
- Coordination and technical support of energy upgrade projects in public buildings
- The provision of information, technical support and training to contracting authorities, on Green Public Contracts and the Circular Economy
- Cooperation with national bodies for the coordination and implementation of Grant Schemes and programs for the provision of Technical Support through the Recovery and Resilience Fund
- The provision of technical measurement services using specialized equipment
- The offer of specialized training programs for professionals
- Conducting examinations for the certification of specific professional qualifications
- Informing and raising awareness among citizens, professionals, businesses, public organizations and local authorities regarding energy and the environment
Position Description & Duties
- To work in the Climate Change and Environment Department of the Cyprus Energy Agency contributing to the fulfillment of its tasks and goals.
- To contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of Energy and Climate Action Plans of the local authorities of Cyprus.
- To contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the Grant Plans and the technical support mechanisms of the interventions implemented by the Energy Office and financed by the Recovery and Durability Fund. Special, contribution to technical guidance of households with disabilities and in Grant Scheme for Strengthening the Resilience and Adaptation of Communities to Climate Change.
- To contribute to the implementation and monitoring of European programs.
- To contribute to the preparation of technical studies, reports and deliverable European projects.
- To contribute to the preparation and submission of proposals for the financing of projects.
- To provide technical advice and information to stakeholders on climate change and environmental issues.
- To represent the Cyprus Energy Agency in meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences in Cyprus and abroad.
- To monitor and analyze national and European policies, statistical and technological developments, related to climate change and environmental issues.
- Contribute to the daily operation of the Agency and communicate with partners, colleagues, stakeholders and citizens.
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Studies or Climate Change related study
- Very good knowledge of Greek.
- Very good knowledge of English language.
- Very good knowledge of Computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Driving License.
- A master's degree relevant to the duties of the position is considered an additional qualification.
- Previous experience of up to 2 years in relation to the duties of the position is an additional qualification.
- Attending training programs relevant to the position is considered an additional qualification.
- Previous experience or participation in a non-governmental organization with an environmental and/or social character is considered an additional qualification.
- Good knowledge of Design software or Geographic Information Systems software is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of a foreign language, in addition to English, is considered an additional qualification.
- Integrity and Inclusion: Treats everyone with respect, responds tactfully to disagreements, and encourages others to do the same. He is a trustworthy, ethical person and respects internal regulations.
- Teamwork: Cultivates team spirit, cooperates and supports others to do the same.
- Collaboration: Creates and enhances collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Effectiveness: Implements a series of actions to effectively manage issues/tasks to achieve defined goals, always ensuring the required quality in the output.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Person open to change and flexible to changes in tasks and work environment.
- Efficiency and Consistency even under pressure.
- Strive for Continuous Improvement.
- Focus on Problem Solving: Evaluates and analyzes data and actions to arrive at logical and realistic decisions. He applies rational and unbiased approaches to calculating the risk of the decisions he makes. Applies innovative ideas and creativity to problem solving.
- Effective Communication: Expresses ideas and cites facts clearly and accurately. Communicates with consideration for the needs and feelings of others. He/she is a good listener and shares knowledge with others. Manages differing viewpoints effectively, seeking common ground with interlocutors to overcome disagreements.
- Analytical skills: Be able to process and analyze data in spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel.
- Candidates for the post are invited to send curriculum vitae and letter of interest in the form pdf to email: email@example.com
- The last date for submission of applications is 3η December 2023 at midnight.
- Applications submitted after the above date will not be considered.
- Only people selected for an interview will be notified.
- The Cyprus Energy Agency is not obliged to proceed with the recruitment if there is no suitable person for the position.
- The position concerns people who have successfully completed a higher education curriculum of at least three (3) years duration and hold at least a higher education diploma.
- The submission of a CV and personal information to apply for this position are considered confidential and will be used exclusively for recruitment purposes. Only the Director of the Cyprus Energy Agency and the recruitment team have access to them. Upon filling the position, or after 3 months, whichever comes first, all personal data sent will be deleted.
- The person selected will follow an induction program, training, ongoing guidance and gradual assumption of individual duties.