Prepares and monitors the implementation of the Climate and Energy Action Plans by local authorities, highlighting their role in contemporary environmental issues.
The Cyprus Energy Agency is an official promoter of the "Covenant of Mayors" and "Islands Compact" in Cyprus. Specifically, Action Plans for 40 local authorities in Cyprus were prepared by the Cyprus Energy Agency, contributing to the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) -more than 600,000 tones- and in reducing energy consumption - approx 2,000,000 MWh until 2020. The Cyprus Energy Agency also provides technical assistance and expertise to local authorities to finance and implement sustainable energy projects.
- Key Elements of the Covenant of Mayors (2017)
- Brochure (2016) (GR)
- 10 Grounds for Accession to the Covenant of Mayors on Climate and Energy (GR)
- How to fund your local actions: Examples from other local authorities, members of the Covenant of Mayors (2017) (GR)
- Innovative Financing Schemes - Lessons learnt from the Covenant of Mayors Community (2019) (EN)
- How to Prepare for Floods, Heatwaves and other Climate Change Impacts - Get Inspired by Covenant of Mayors cities 'and regions' adaptation actions! (2019) EN
For more information, visit its official website Covenant of Mayors.