The Cyprus Energy Office, in collaboration with Chrysalis LEAP and the Frederick University, organize and invite you to the final event of the YENESIS project [Youth Employment Network for Energy Sustainability in Islands]. The event will take place on Wednesday, June 8, between the hours of 9: 00-15: 00, at the Royal Hall in Nicosia.
The event will start with a discussion about Green Professions And the Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Islands, which will be coordinated by the director of the Cyprus Energy Office, Mr. Savvas Vlachos. The discussion will be attended by:
- Dr. Arabella Zachariou, Chairman of the UNECE Steering Committee on Education for Sustainable Development
- Costas Komninos, Vice President of FEDARENE for Smart and Sustainable Islands
- Nikolaos Isaris, Deputy Head of the European Commission Delegation to Cyprus and Head of Policy Reports and Policy Analysis
- Dr. Alexandros Charalambidis, Associate Professor and Coordinator of the EIT Climate-KIC Network in Cyprus
- Dr. Giannis Kasoulidis, Senior Education Officer in the Higher Education Directorate of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth
Then the YENESIS project will be presented and the participants will share their own experience. In closing, experts from the participating countries will share good practices and policy proposals for tackling youth unemployment and promoting green professions.
The event will be welcomed by the Honorable Commissioner for Environment, Mrs. Clelia Vassiliou.
It is noted that the event will be held in English. For the agenda, press here.
Applications for participation in the event will be accepted until June 7, via his of the link.
To learn more about the YENESIS project, visit the link https://yenesis.eu/