The PEDIA (Promoting Energy efficiency & Developing Innovative Approaches in schools) aims to upgrade the school buildings of Cyprus to Near Zero Energy Consumption Buildings (NEE). This, through the adoption of a holistic approach that is in line with the proposal of the interdisciplinary committee to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports & Youth, to improve thermal comfort conditions in school classrooms.
During the project, pilot applications of energy upgrades will be carried out in a total of 25 existing school buildings of all grades. The interventions that will be made in the selected school buildings include the following, and are in compliance with its requirements national legislation for the Energy Performance of Buildings.
- Thermal insulation of ceilings and masonry,
- window replacement,
- Replacing lighting with LED lamps,
- Application of nature-based solutions – Plantings
- Maintenance and/or repair of ventilation systems.
In this context, the Cyprus Energy Office has announced an open tender for the energy upgrade of the first 3 schools that have been selected through the PEDIA project. Specifically, the competition concerns:
- School 1: XNUMXth Public and Community Kindergarten of Aglantzia
- School 2: Agios Antonios Public Kindergarten
- School 3: Agios Dometios High School
Interested parties may submit their offers and/or any questions/clarifications through the Electronic Procurement System e-Procurement until 06 / 02 / 2023.
You will find more about the PEDIA project here.