“An innovation project exclusively for the schools of Cyprus. A project of total building upgrade for quality education. A project for sustainability and the school environment. ”
The PEDIA project (Promoting Energy efficiency & Developing Innovative Approaches in schools - Promoting Energy Efficiency & Developing Innovative Approaches in Schools) is the first project that approaches comprehensively and comprehensively the needs of school buildings in Cyprus to be transformed into Almost Zero Energy Consumption Buildings (KSMEK), while seeking to address chronic and long-standing problems such as heating, air conditioning, lighting and .
The PEDIA project, funded by the EU and coordinated by the Cyprus Energy Agency in collaboration with the Education and Sustainable Development Unit of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth, will undertake a wide range of actions aimed at improving energy efficiency and comfort conditions of at least 25 public school buildings in Cyprus, thus contributing to the achievement of the National and European goals of Cyprus for energy and climate.
The PEDIA project will activate € 7,5 million public and private investment and develop a long-term energy renovation strategy for all public school buildings, introducing a process framework for energy upgrades based on environmental, energy and socio-economic criteria.
Follow PEDIA on Social Media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PEDIAeuproject/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PEDIAeuproject
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/pediaeuproject/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pediaeuproject/
News & Updates:
- Introduction to PEDIA
- PEDIA Video (GR)
- PEDIA Video (EN subs)
- Presentation of the project at the Ministry of Education (October 2, 2020)
- Photo gallery (Source: Press and Information Office)
- Submitting applications for the upgrade of school buildings to Almost Zero Energy Buildings under the European Program "PEDIA" (Expired on December 18, 2020)
- Presentation of the project at the “PEER REVIEW Interreg Europe Policy Learning Platform” (October 26, 2020)
- Presentation of the project at the General Assembly of the FEDARENE Network for the year 2020 (November 26, 2020)
- Presentation of the project to the United Nations Commission on Education for Sustainable Development (May 10, 2021)
- Presentation of the project at the International Internet Conference "Innovative Financing of Energy Efficiency Projects" (May 13, 2021)
- Ranking System for prioritizing buildings for energy upgrades (February 2022)
- Selection of schools for energy upgrading in Nearly Zero Energy Buildings under the European Program "PEDIA"
- Announcement of an open tender within the framework of the PEDIA project (Ended)
- Announcement of an open tender within the framework of the PEDIA project (Phase 2) (Ended)
The project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 program under Grant Agreement No 893938
Must you are logged in to comment.