The HUB-IN project (Hubs of Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the Transformation of Historic Urban Areas) aims to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Historic Urban Areas (HUA), while preserving the unique identity of the historic sites regarding their natural, cultural and social values.
HUB-IN adopts the innovation and entrepreneurship as the main drivers of urban regeneration in HUAs and it is fully aligned with the International agendas for Cultural Sustainable Development (UNESCO) and Cultural Heritage Strategy (Council Europe).
HUB-IN will have two main stages. In the first stage, a network of Hubs of innovation and entrepreneurship (Hubs) will be developed in the HUAs of eight city partners and in the second stage, the resulting methods and tools will be upscaled to a global network of HUAs of follower cities.
The Hubs of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Hubs) will test, demonstrate and pilot activities of co-creation and co-design in three meaningful clusters with potential for sustainable transformation of HUA: i) Cultural and creative industries, ii) New lifestyles and iii) Endogenous Natural & Social Resources.
HUB-IN defines 12 specific goals, that will be achieved by the following methodology:
i) Building an ecosystem of interconnected Hubs to accelerate urban regeneration in eight HUAs,
ii) Creating value in pilot Hubs, piloting social innovation and accelerating sustainable entrepreneurship in HUAs,
iii) Packaging, upscaling and exploiting the results and create collaborative global network of Hubs of innovation and entrepreneurship in HUA,
iv) Creating a HUB-IN digital space.
HUB-IN is expected to help reverse the trend of abandonment and neglect of the historic heritage in a systematic way, which may lead to the creation of new sustainable opportunities for local traditional businesses and the development of new creative skills and jobs.
HUB - IN is funded by the European program "Horizon 2020" and consists of 18 partners from 8 different European cities. The Cyprus Energy Agency and the Municipality of Nicosia represent Cyprus and the Nicosia HUA.
- Website: https://hubin-project.eu/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EUHUBIN
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EUHUBIN
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12839251/
News & Updates
- Nicosia 2040 - Volume III: The revitalization of the historic center of Nicosia: past, present and future(April 22, 2021)
- Nicosia's Roadmap Workshop
- Towards Sustainable Innovation in the center of Nicosia - A tale of two projects (CEA, 2021, EN)
- “What's on #17-HUB-IN” (Nicosia Municipality Podcasts)
- HUB-IN Business & Financing Models Guide
- Nicosia's HUB Action Plan (Coming soon!!!)
- HUB-IN Atlas
- HUB-IN Geotool
- HUB-IN Tools to Regenerate your Historic Urban Areas: Atlas and GeoTool (Video)