SUStainable History districts
"The 21st century will be determined by the way we tackle climate change and social inequality, especially in cities"
Actions to reduce the effects of climate change and build more resilient cities often contribute to reducing social inequality by creating, among other things, opportunities for Community investment. The EIT Climate-KIC supports cities to develop and implement integrated sustainability projects on a smaller scale, which can nevertheless be implemented at the city level. They help urban communities gain leadership skills and set a course for the promotion of sustainable and sustainable policies and projects, which in turn create local prosperity through jobs and investment.
The Cyprus Energy Agency, member of the Climate KIC family, participates as a partner in the project 'SUSHI 'on the Sustainable Development of Historic Areas. This project takes a holistic approach to addressing the common challenges of these historic areas, in 6 cities from 5 European Mediterranean countries: Nicosia (CY), Lisbon (PT), Valletta (MT), Savona (IT) , Ptui (SI), and Sassari (IT). The project partners are working closely with EIT Climate-KIC to transform their historic sites into sustainable and resilient inclusive communities.
Through the actions of the project, the teams representing each city will prepare Action Plans for the historic areas of their city, which will be crucial for securing funding under 2019 and 2020, as well as the setting of additional funding proposals for their works.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlfamaSustentavel/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alfamasustentv1
News & Updates
- Press Release: Stakeholders join forces for the historic center of Nicosia (December 2018) (GR)
- Press Release: Event "Let's go to Paionos Street!" (November 2020)
- Nature-Based Solutions: NBS Guidebook for Local Authorities (November 2020) (GR)
- Nature-Based Solutions Guide for the Nicosia Historical Center (NBS Guidebook for the Historic District of Nicosia) (December 2020) (GR)
- Action Plan: NICOSIA an inclusive, accessible, green and regenerated walled city (2021)