The seminar "Energy efficiency and upgrade of traditional buildings" is organized by the Cyprus Energy Office and is sponsored by the Human Resources Development Authority.
Objectives of the seminar are the candidates:
- Describe the design parameters for the energy efficiency of traditional buildings
- To formulate the practices of proper restoration of traditional buildings
- Name the legal requirements for the energy efficiency of traditional buildings and separate them from the requirements for new or existing buildings that are not classified as traditional
- To correlate the energy footprint of traditional buildings with their special characteristics
- To classify construction materials of traditional buildings based on their properties and endogenous characteristics
- Develop plans for the restoration and energy upgrade of traditional buildings
- To explain the peculiarities of traditional buildings
- Document interventions to improve the energy efficiency of traditional buildings
- Demonstrate due diligence when evaluating historic / traditional buildings before designing and developing energy upgrade and restoration solutions.
- To justify and substantiate an opinion on the environmental and social parameters in the issues of energy upgrading and restoration of traditional buildings
- Collaborate with engineers to improve the energy efficiency of traditional buildings
- To defend the protection and preservation of the cultural heritage of traditional buildings
- To motivate for the restoration and energy upgrade of traditional buildings
The seminar is addressed in the fields of mechanical science ETEK (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering), as well as professional engineers belonging to the construction sector with experience in the energy design of buildings and / or the restoration of buildings.
Be the first to know about! If you wish to receive information via email about our Training Programs and other activities our Agency is organising, do subscribe to our monthly Newsletter at the bottom of this page.