"A Cyprus that is fair, inclusive and resilient to Climate Change, which will be governed by the principles of Sustainable Development."
THE ENERGY AGENCY
The Cyprus Energy Agency (CEA) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization, founded in 2009. CEA was cofunded by the European Commission, through the Programme “Intelligent Energy for Europe” and by the Cyprus Union of Communities, for its establishment and first three years of operation.
CEA has become an information point for the local society, providing education and vocational training. It participates in projects in partnership with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development.
It enhances the role of local authorities in sustainable energy planning, providing technical support for developing and implementing actions to mitigate and adapt to climate change
CEA also participates in the Cypriot Consortium that coordinates the Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Plan of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology for the Levantine region(EIT Climate-KIC RIS),focusing on education, networking, and the development and promotion of innovative solutions for the shaping of a low-carbon economy.
The Energy Agency's vision for the 2020-2030 period is "A Cyprus that is fair, inclusive and resilient to Climate Change, governed by the principles of sustainable development" and its mission "To actively contribute to the saving of energy resources, the protection of the environment and the improvement of the quality of life." To achieve this, the Cyprus Energy Agency has identified a Road Map (see below) focused on 10 thematic targets.
- Statute for the Establishment of the Cyprus Energy Agency_GR
- Statute for the establishment of the Cyprus Energy Agency_EN
- Registration certificate
- Brochure _GR
- List of projects
- Energy Office Roadmap_GR
- Energy Office Roadmap_EN
CEA is managed by an eleven-member Management Board, the members of which are:
- Union of Cyprus Communities (2 members),
- Commissioner for the Environment,
- Department of the Environment of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment,
- University of Cyprus,
- Cyprus Consumer Association,
- Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber,
- Federation of Employers and Industrialists of Cyprus,
- Association of Renewable Energy Companies of Cyprus (2 members),
- Federation of Environmental Organizations of Cyprus.
The Cyprus Energy Agency receives advise by the "Advisory Committee", which offers its assistance and experience in the meetings of the Board of Directors and its technical support in the activities of the Agency. The members of the Advisory Committee are the following:
- Region of Crete - Energy Center
- Technical University of Crete - Department of Environmental Engineering
- Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI)
- Union of Cyprus Municipalities
- European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA)
- Agência Regional da Energia e Ambiente da Região Autónoma da Madeira (AREAM)
- Cyprus Standardization Organization (CYS)
- Cyprus University of Technology (TEPAK)
- Cyprus Power Transmission System Operator (TSO)
- Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC)