New Engineer positions
Number of seats: 2
Type of contract: Internal partner
Duration: 1 renewal time for even 1 time depending on performance and availability of funding
Application Period: 15 May with 31 May 2018
Estimated Recruitment Date: August - September 2018
Headquarters: Energy Office, Nicosia
Salary: depending on qualifications
Additional Benefits: Group Personnel Plan for Healthcare
The Energy Bureau is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 2009 and has a vision to contribute actively to saving energy resources, protecting the environment and improving quality of life.
The objectives of the Energy Bureau are:promoting renewable energies energy sources, sustainable transport, improving it energy efficiency and to contribute in dealing with and adaptation climate change.
The main areas of action of the Energy Bureau for the achievement of its objectives are:
- It offers specialized training programs for professionals.
- Organizes tests to certify specific professional qualifications.
- It informs and sensitizes citizens, professionals, businesses, public organizations and local authorities on energy and the environment.
- It develops and monitors the implementation of the Energy Action Plans of Local Authorities, highlighting the role of Local Government in new technological challenges and environmental issues.
- Supports sustainable development projects, advisory services such as energy audits, lighting studies, techno-economic studies, environmental impact assessment studies and business plans.
- Provides information, technical support, training to Green Public Procurement and the cyclical economy to contracting authorities.
- It provides technical measurement services using the specialized equipment.
- It participates in research projects in cooperation with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development.
Position description and tasks
- Provide technical advice and information to stakeholders on energy saving, energy efficiency, renewable energy and environmental protection issues.
- To coordinate and monitor the implementation of European programs.
- To contribute to the development of technical studies, reports and deliverable European works.
- To contribute to the preparation and submission of proposals for project funding.
- To contribute to the day-to-day operation of the Office.
- Represent the Energy Office in meetings, workshops, conferences and conferences in Cyprus and abroad.
- To monitor and analyze national and European policies, statistics and technological developments on energy and environment issues.
- Use media like print and e-mail, fax, social media, telephone, teleconferencing, and website to communicate with colleagues, colleagues, stakeholders and citizens.
- To translate reports, deliverables and information material from Greek into English and vice versa.
- BSc in Engineering Science
- Very good knowledge of Greek
- Very good knowledge of English language
- Very good knowledge of Computers and Microsoft Office software
- Driving License
- A postgraduate diploma in environmental studies, and / or studies related to energy, and / or project management and / or European studies is considered as an additional qualification.
- Monitoring of training programs such as "energy auditor", "heating and air-conditioning systems inspector", "energy manager", "energy efficiency of buildings", "cyclical economy", "energy analysis using software", "design and analysis of lighting use of software "is considered as an additional asset.
- Professional experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport, climate change and the management of European works is considered as an additional asset.
- Good knowledge of a foreign language other than English is considered an additional qualification.
- Integrity and Participation: It treats everyone with respect, responds discreetly to disagreements and encourages others to apply the same. He is trusted, ethical and respects internal regulations.
- Teamwork: It cultivates team spirit, collaborates and supports others to do the same.
- Collaboration: Creates and strengthens collaboration with colleagues and collaborators.
- Efficiency: It implements a range of actions to efficiently manage issues / tasks to achieve defined goals, always ensuring the required quality in the result.
- Flexibility and adaptability: Open / changeable and flexible to changes in tasks and the work environment. Efficiency and consistency even under stress conditions. Effort for continuous improvement.
- Focusing on problem solving: Evaluates and analyzes data and actions to arrive at sensible and realistic decisions. It implements rational and unprejudiced approaches to the calculation of the risk of decisions it takes. It implements innovative ideas and creativity to solve problems.
- Effective communication: It expresses ideas and lists data with clear reason and accuracy. It communicates taking into account the needs and feelings of others. He is a good listener and shares knowledge with others. Manages the different view with efficiency by seeking common points with interlocutors to overcome disagreements.
- All candidates are invited to send a resume and a letter of interest together with their application for the post. Applications should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date for submission of applications is 31η May 2018.
- Applications submitted after the above date will not be considered.
- Only those selected for interview will be notified.
- The Energy Bureau is not obliged to recruit if there are no suitable candidates.
- The positions are for graduates with no or partial professional experience.
- Submitting a curriculum vitae and personal information to claim this position is considered confidential and will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Only the Director of the Energy Office has access to these. By filling in the positions or with 3 months, whichever comes first, all personal data sent will be deleted.