Number of Posts: 1
Contract Status: Employed, according to Business Plan with Tertiary Education Graduates of the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA).
Duration: 1 time, renewable for further 1 time, depending on performance and funding availability.
Application Period: 23 March 2019 - 19 April 2019
Estimated Recruitment Date: May 2019
Seat: Energy Office, Nicosia
Salary: 1000 € - 1100 € mixed, depending on qualifications
The Energy Office is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 2009 and has a vision to contribute actively to saving energy resources, protecting the environment and improving the quality of life.
The objectives of the Energy Bureau are to promote renewable energies, sustainable transport, improve energy efficiency and contribute to addressing and adapting to climate change.
The main areas of action of the Energy Bureau to achieve its objectives are:
- Providing specialized training programs for professionals
- Examination to certify specific professional qualifications
- Informing and raising awareness among citizens, professionals, businesses, public authorities and local authorities on energy and the environment
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of Climate and Energy Action Plans by Local Authorities, highlighting the role of Local Government in new technological challenges and environmental issues
- Supporting sustainable development projects by providing consulting services such as energy audits, lighting studies, techno-economic studies, environmental impact assessment studies and business plans
- Providing information, technical support and training to contracting authorities, Green Public Procurement and Cyclical Economy
- The provision of technical measurement services with the use of specialized equipment
- Participation in research projects in partnership with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development
Position Description & Tasks
- To coordinate and monitor the implementation of European programs
- Provide technical advice and information to stakeholders on energy saving and / or energy efficiency and / or renewable energy and / or environmental protection issues
- To contribute to the development of technical studies, reports and deliverables to European works
- Contribute to the preparation and submission of proposals for project funding
- Contribute to the day-to-day operation of the Office
- Represent the Energy Office in meetings, workshops, conferences and conferences in Cyprus and abroad
- To monitor and analyze national and European policies, statistics and technological developments on energy and environment issues
- Use media like print and e-mail, fax, social media, telephone, teleconferencing and website to communicate with colleagues, colleagues, stakeholders and citizens
- To translate reports, deliverables and information material, from Greek into English and vice versa
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, or studies related to energy issues, or in project management, or in European studies, or in engineering science
- Very good knowledge of Greek
- Very good knowledge of English language
- Very good knowledge of Computers and Microsoft Office software
- Driving License
- A postgraduate diploma in environmental studies, and / or studies related to energy, or project management, or in European studies or in engineering science, is considered as an additional qualification
- Monitoring of positional training programs such as "Energy Auditor", "Heating and Air Conditioning Systems Inspector", "Energy Manager", "Energy Performance of Buildings", "Cyclical Economy", "Energy Analysis Using Software", "Planning and Analysis of Lighting with the Use of Software "etc, is considered as an additional qualification
- Good knowledge of a foreign language, other than English, is considered as an additional skill
- Integrity and Participation: It treats everyone with respect, responds with discretion to disagreements and encourages others to apply the same. He is confident, ethical and respects internal regulations
- Teamwork: It cultivates team spirit, works together and supports others to do the same
- Collaboration: Creates and strengthens collaboration with colleagues and collaborators
- Effectiveness: It implements a range of actions to effectively manage issues / tasks to achieve defined goals, always ensuring the required quality in the result
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Open to change and flexible to changes in tasks and the work environment
- Efficiency and Consistency even under stress.
- Effort for Continuous Improvement
- Focus on Troubleshooting: Evaluates and analyzes data and actions to arrive at reasonable and realistic decisions. It implements rational and unprejudiced approaches to assessing the risk of decisions it takes. It implements innovative ideas and creativity to solve problems.
- Effective Communication: Expresses ideas and quotes data with clear reason and accuracy. It communicates taking into account the needs and feelings of others. He is a good listener and shares knowledge with others. Manages the different view with efficiency, seeking common points with interlocutors to overcome disagreements.
- All candidates are invited to send CV and letter of interest in pdf format to email: email@example.com
- The last date for submission of applications is 19η April 2019
- Applications submitted after the above date will not be considered
- Only those selected for interview will be notified!
- The Energy Bureau is not obliged to recruit if there is no suitable candidate
- The conditions for participation apply Business Plan with Tertiary Education Graduates of the Human Resource Development Authority (HRDA)
- The post is for candidates who have successfully completed a tertiary education program of at least three (3) years and are holders of at least a higher education diploma
- Through the recruitment and integration of the candidate in Draft of REA, implemented training programs lasting 6 months
- The age of the candidate claiming the position and intending to join the Scheme must be below 30, 1η July 2019
- If the candidate has a job experience relevant to the post, she must not be longer than eight (8) months
- Submitting a CV and personal information to claim this position is considered confidential and will be used solely for recruitment purposes. Access to these is only the Director of the Energy Office. By filling the post, or by 3 months, whichever comes first, all personal data that has been sent will be deleted.