"Develops and monitors the implementation of Climate Action Plans and Energy by local authorities, highlighting their role in contemporary environmental issues."
The Energy Office is an official promoter of the "Covenant of Mayors" and "Islands Compact" in Cyprus. Specifically, Action Plans for 40 local authorities in Cyprus were prepared by the Energy Bureau, contributing to the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) -more than 600,000 tones- and the reduction of energy consumption - about 2,000,000 MWh until 2020. The Energy Bureau also provides technical assistance and expertise to local authorities to finance and implement sustainable energy projects.
- Key Elements of the Covenant of Mayors (2017)
- Brochure (2016) (GR)
- 10 Reasons for joining the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GR)
- How to fund your local actions: Examples from other local authorities, members of the Covenant of Mayors (2017) (GR)
- Innovative Financing Schemes - Lessons Learned from the Covenant of Mayors Community (2019)
- How to Prepare for Floods, Heatwaves and Other Climate Change Impacts - Get inspired by Covenant of Mayors cities 'and regions' adaptation actions! (2019) (EN)
For more information, visit his official website Covenant of Mayors.