"To contribute actively to saving energy resources, protecting the environment and improving the quality of life. Its goals are ppromoting renewable energies energy sources, sustainable transport, of energy efficiency and addressing and adapting to climate change. "
THE ENERGY AGENCY
The Cyprus Energy Agency is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 2009. The establishment and operation of the Energy Agency was co-funded by the European Commission through the Intelligent Energy for Europe Program and the Union of Cyprus Communities for three years.
The Energy Office has become a point of awareness and awareness of the local community, while providing education and training. It participates in research projects in cooperation with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development.
It strengthens the role of local authorities in energy planning issues by providing technical support for the development and implementation of actions to address and adapt to climate change.
It participates in the Cyprus Joint Venture which coordinates the Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology for the Climate-KIC RIS with the aim of educating, networking, and developing and promoting innovative solutions for shaping a low-carbon economy.
- Statute for the Establishment of the Energy Office of Cypriot Citizens_GR
- Statute for the establishment of the Energy Office of Cypriot Citizens_EN
- Registration certificate
- Brochure _GR
- List of projects
The Energy Office is run by an 11-member Management Board, which consists of:
- Union of Cyprus Communities (2 members),
- Commissioner for the Environment,
- Department of the Environment of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment,
- University of Cyprus,
- Cyprus Consumer Association,
- Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber,
- Federation of Employers and Industrialists of Cyprus,
- Association of Renewable Energy Companies of Cyprus (2 members),
- Federation of Environmental Organizations of Cyprus.
The Energy Office of Cypriots is advised by the "Advisory Committee", which offers its assistance and experience to the meetings of the Management Board and its technical support to the Office's activities. The members of the Advisory Committee are the following:
- Region of Crete - Energy Center
- Technical University of Crete - Department of Environmental Engineering
- Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI)
- Union of Cyprus Municipalities
- European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA)
- Agência Regional da Energia e Ambiente da Região Autónoma da Madeira (AREAM)
- Cyprus Standardization Organization (CYS)
- Cyprus University of Technology (TEPAK)
- Cyprus Power Transmission System Operator (TSO)
- Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC)