"To contribute actively to the conservation of energy resources, the protection of the environment and the improvement of the quality of life. Its goals are thepromotion of renewable energy sources and sustainable transport , improvement of energy efficiency , and contribution to the mitigation and adaptation to climate change. "
THE ENERGY AGENCY
The Cyprus Energy Agency (CEA) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization, founded in 2009. CEA was cofunded by the European Commission, through the Programme “Intelligent Energy for Europe” and by the Cyprus Union of Communities, for its establishment and first three years of operation.
CEA has become an information point for the local society, providing education and vocational training. It participates in projects in partnership with local, European and international organizations, contributing to innovation, research and sustainable development.
It enhances the role of local authorities in sustainable energy planning, providing technical support for developing and implementing actions to mitigate and adapt to climate change
CEA also participates in the Cypriot Consortium that coordinates the Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Plan of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology for the Levantine region(EIT Climate-KIC RIS),focusing on education, networking, and the development and promotion of innovative solutions for the shaping of a low-carbon economy.
The Energy Agency's vision for the 2020-2030 period is "a just, inclusive, and climate resilient Cyprus, governed by the principles of sustainability", and its mission "to contribute actively to the conservation of resources, the protection of the environment, and the improvement of the quality of life." To achieve these, CEA designated aRoadmap (see below) focused on 10 thematic targets.
- Statute for the Establishment of the Energy Office of Cypriot Citizens_GR
- Statute for the establishment of the Energy Office of Cypriot Citizens_EN
- Registration certificate
- Brochure _GR
- List of projects
- Roadmap for a Sustainable Cyprus at 2030
- 2030 Road-Map for a Sustainable Cyprus
CEA is managed by an eleven-member Management Board, the members of which are:
- Union of Cyprus Communities (2 members),
- Commissioner for the Environment,
- Department of the Environment of the Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment,
- University of Cyprus,
- Cyprus Consumer Association,
- Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber,
- Federation of Employers and Industrialists of Cyprus,
- Association of Renewable Energy Companies of Cyprus (2 members),
- Federation of Environmental Organizations of Cyprus.
CEA is advised by the "Advisory Committee" which offers its assistance and experience to the meetings of the Management Board and its technical support to the Office's activities. The members of the Advisory Committee are the following:
- Region of Crete - Energy Center
- Technical University of Crete - Department of Environmental Engineering
- Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI)
- Union of Cyprus Municipalities
- European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA)
- Agência Regional da Energia e Ambiente da Região Autónoma da Madeira (AREAM)
- Cyprus Standardization Organization (CYS)
- Cyprus University of Technology (TEPAK)
- Cyprus Power Transmission System Operator (TSO)
- Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC)